Wednesday, October 28, 2009

Words of wisdom from a man named Og

Before I even try to create a convincing excuse, let me apologize.  It has been WAY too long since I last wrote.  For this, I am SO sorry!  With four tests are ahead of me, time management is still a skill that I am trying to learn.  Now that I have given the excuse, here’s what you are really here to read…..

The other day, I came across this amazing quote by a man named Og Mandino.  For those that love quotes, search for him on a website such as www.quoteland.com.  Anyways, my new and favorite quote by Og Mandino is below:

“Count your blessings.  Once you realize how valuable you are and how much you have going for you, the smiles will return, the sun will break out, the music will play, and you will finally be able to move forward in the life that God intended for you with grace, strength, courage, and confidence.”

Now, I once was made fun of for being the incredible optimist that I am; however, who wouldn’t LOVE to live with this quote as their motto?  Who wouldn’t love to know that they are valuable?  Whenever it is dreary outside, don’t we always begin to wish for the sun to shine again?  Most importantly, don’t we all dream, hope, and pray to live with grace, strength, courage, and confidence?

If Og Mandino is correct, the first step we must do is to realize that we are valuable.  When he says that we are valuable, Mr. Mandino is saying that we are valuable to God!  “Count your blessings!” he says.  He also says to realize that we have so much going for us in life.  This is so true.  God promises that he has a plan for us in Jeremiah 29:11: “For I know the plans that I have for you.  Plans for a future and a hope and not for evil.”

If you feel as though you have been wandering around listlessly these days, listen to Og.  He may have a funny name, but for this, you must give him credit: he has an amazing way of encouraging all of us with words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment